2009-03-21

One decision forces another:

After examining the parti scheme, and working in the sketch of the section, these two things did not reconcile with one another when I tried to hardline the stie.

The reality is that with ANY sort of vehicular traffic on the site, with any loading and unloading, and with any sort of scheme which allows for even a slight bend in the curtain wall, I need more width than I am showing.

Where this becomes a problem is that in order to make a coherent scheme, I need to take the whole block.

To really re-connect this neighborhood with the downtown, I need to be able to force people thru this block and across it diagonally, at least with the buildings and at a pedestrian level, I am not suggesting cutting across with a road.

So: Now I have too much width and need to turn the housing blocks 90 degrees so that I can take up some more width and I don't have a huge plaza inbetween.

Working on some sketches / drawings, but its taking a while to get them right.

No comments:

Post a Comment